...Just some very random and unrelated observations I've made since Christmas. I spent Christmas Eve and Christmas Day in ND at my brother's house, and a few more days with my parents.
1. If I fly at Christmas time, I will be sick by New Years. Airplanes are giant incubators for colds and flu. But I'm on the mend now and with a couple more days rest and ibuprofen, I'll be good to go.
2. Cute idea for a Christmas decoration from my SIL- wrap a piece of foamcore in gift wrap, add a bow, and hang on the wall.
3. Christmas decorations don't have to be green and red- or silver and gold. I love this combination of green, purple and blue ornaments in a battery jar with a little string of lights.
4. My Mom makes the best Christmas dessert in the world- Bavarian cream pastry.
5. You can crochet this scarf in 3 hours. Using a size P Hook and two skeins of Isaac Mizrahi yarn, chain 130, double crochet in all the chains, make the standard three chains to turn and double crochet again until you run out of yarn.
(When you're at the end of a row and it doesn't look like you'll have enough yarn to finish the next row, stop. You want all of your rows to be equal width.)
6. A beer candle is a cool gift for a beer "connoisseur", but it also smells a little bit like a frat house on Sunday morning.
My Mom and Dad have been married 55 years and they still make a cute couple.
(I warned you at the beginning, very random stuff going on here.)