The title of this post should have been "What I BROUGHT to the Antique Mall". I turned down a craft day at Karla's because I thought I just had too much to do this morning- errands for work, UPS, flu shot, trip to the antique mall, Costco. What I actually got done was...nothing. There are still boxes in the back of my car, stuff to price on my couch, my cupboard is bare, and I am uninoculated. Now, after a two hour nap, I'm ready to start my day.
The guys at the top of the post are part of a pin cushion collection. They need to be restuffed, but I'm not sure what you stuff a pin cushion with. Any suggestions?
- A pretty little English bone china pin dish made by Shelley.
I recently read that using sheet music and books in general as a background for your pictures is overdone.
So, I apologize for being less than cutting edge in my photos....
- This is my new label for packaging buttons. It's part of Mary's collection Vintage Graphics and Text.
- Books, and more books- I have big cabinet at the antique mall, but it can be really hard to fill- small items tend to get lost. My solution- I'm bringing in stacks and stacks of more or less neutral colored books to make levels to use as backgrounds and platforms.
- the lunchbox- I just thought it was cute, but it works the same way. I can use it in a stack and put something on top of it, or open it up to create a little vignette inside.
- Even though this book is NEW, it's about Kansas City history, so I think its a good fit for the antique mall. I really enjoyed it- I didn't really read it as much as studying the pictures. I love looking at the clothes, the street signs, the old building and window displays.
- My favorite find to take to the antique mall- brown and white transferware...
Sarah of My So Called Junky Life was the winner of the wallpaper giveaway. Thanks so much to everyone who left a comment- I do enjoy your comments.
I suppose I should get going on that "to do" list since I'm about eight hours behind. Or maybe I should be more like Buddy- he's doing the same thing he's been doing for months- on the lookout for squirrels. So far, he hasn't caught one, or even scared any away from the yard that I can tell- but it doesn't seem to bother him a bit.